Major goals of the Engelward laboratory are to contribute to our understanding of factors that impact genomic stability through basic research, and through the development and application of novel technologies.
- Develop mouse models for fluorescent detection of rare genetic changes
- Reveal the impact of genes, environment, and physiological conditions on genomic stability
- Create a high-throughput platform for measuring DNA damage in human cells
- Apply high throughput technology for epidemiology and drug development
- Explore the interfaces among DNA damage, repair, and infection
- Mitigate infection-induced toxicity